The City Solicitor will be available to discuss your case with you on your trial date prior to your appearance before the judge.You may call the court office at 770-719-4277 to find out the bond amount for your citation. Please allow 72 hours from the time you receive the citation for processing. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. If you are calling on a scheduled court date, we will return your call the following morning.
If you received a citation that does not require a court appearance you may pay in person, or pay Traffic Tickets on-line (with a credit card), or by mail. If you would like to pay in person at the court office, payments can be received until 5 p.m. on the day before your scheduled court date. Please note: there is a 4% service fee for all credit/debit card usage on Fayetteville Pay Ticket and in the office.
⊕ TYPES OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED
⊕ NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED
To pay during court, all of the above methods of payment are accepted. There is a $20.00 court cost added to each citation when you appear in court.
⊕ MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCES
The following offenses require a court appearance: DUI, Suspended License, Marijuana Possession, Underage Possession of Alcohol, Reckless Driving, Eluding or Fleeing an Officer, five (5) or more speeding citations in the last five (5) years, 35 MPH over the limit, No Insurance, Shoplifting, Interference with Police, Loitering and Gasoline Driveoffs.
Listed below is the summary for person’s under 21 years of age. All of these are Mandatory Court Appearances and License Suspensions. (Effective July 1, 2001)
- Hit and Run or Leaving the scene an accident (O.C.G.A.40-6-270)
- Racing on highways or streets (O.C.G.A.40-6-186)
- Using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer (O.C.G.A. 40-6-395)
- Reckless Driving (O.C.G.A.40-6-390)
- Any offense for which four or more points are assessable under (O.C.G.A. 40-5-57(c)
- Improper passing on a hill or curve (O.C.G.A. 40-6-45 (a)(1)
- Unlawful passing of a school bus (O.C.G.A. 40-6-163)
- Exceeding the speed limit by 24 mph or more (O.C.G.A. 40-6-181)
- Aggressive driving (O.C.G.A. 40-6-397)
- Purchasing an alcoholic beverage (O.C.G.A. 3-3-23 (A)(2)
- Misrepresenting age for purpose of illegally obtaining any alcoholic beverage (O.C.G.A.3-3-23 (a)(3)
- Misrepresenting identity or using false identification for purpose of purchasing or obtaining any alcoholic beverage (O.C.G.A.3-3-23(a)(5)
- Driving under the Influence (O.C.G.A.40-6-391)
Effective January 1, 2002 – The driver’s license of any person under 18 years of age who has accumulated a violation point count of four or more points in any consecutive 12 month period shall be suspended by the department as provided by this Code section.
⊕ PUBLIC DEFENDER / COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY
In the City of Fayetteville Municipal Court, we can offer a Court Appointed Attorney to represent you on your case. If you would like to fill out an application to see if you qualify, please come in person between regular business hours (8-4, M-F) and receive an application packet. Please note there is a $50 non-refundable application fee that is required at the time of filling out the application. We accept cash only for this process.
⊕ DRESS CODE
Casual Attire Accepted
NO Tank Tops, Bare Midriffs, Halter Tops
NO Ripped or Torn Jeans
NO Baggy Pants Below the Waist
NO Hats, Stocking Caps, Shower Caps
NO Clothing with emblems that condone illegal or inappropriate activity
NO Clothing depicting violence, sexual acts, profanity or illegal drugs
Laptops, Tablets, Cell Phones MUST BE IN OFF MODE AT ALL TIMES.