I understand that by entering a plea of guilty or nolo contendere (no contest) I waive:
- My right to be presumed innocent
- My right to a trial
- My right to confront and cross-examine witnesses
- My right to testify and offer evidence on my behalf
- My right to subpoena witnesses
- My right to counsel during trial
- My right to remain silent, and not testify, and I understand that if I remain silent and do not enter a plea, I will receive a trial
- My right to be represented by a private attorney or by a public defender
- My right to a trial by jury
- I understand that if I enter a plea of guilty or nolo contendere in this case, there will be no further trial or hearing and a fine or jail sentence or both may be imposed.
- I understand that if I am NOT a citizen of the United States, a plea of guilty may have an impact on my immigration status.
- I now desire to enter my plea. It is free and voluntary. I have not been told what sentence will be imposed. No promises or threats have been made to me by any prosecutor, lawyer, police officer, or other person, to induce me to enter this plea.
Plea Form - English