Hydrant Meter Program
Every day businesses such as street cleaners, pressure washers, and those working on construction projects need to use water from a fire hydrant. The City of Fayetteville Customer Service Department offer these customers a permit for a Hydrant Meter to obtain water for non-drinking use in a safe and legal manner. These permits are only for those customers doing work inside the City Limits of Fayetteville.
All customers must complete a hydrant meter service application at the City of Fayetteville Customer Service Division Office, 210 Stonewall Avenue W, Fayetteville, GA 30214 or pull the application from online at www.fayetteville-ga.gov and email it. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm, excluding holidays. The application must be accompanied by a deposit per hydrant meter according to the published fee schedule along with a photo ID. The deposit will be applied to the final bill and refunded.
Hydrant Meter Permit Fee Schedule:
$900 – Meter Deposit – A deposit is required at the time of permit issuance and pick-up. Checks, cash or money orders are accepted. Deposit refunds shall be processed within 30 days of return of the meter(s). A deposit will need to be paid for each hydrant meter application/permit that is taken out.
Permit Tag Fee: All fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable:
- $75 – Hydrant Use Permit Tag (Up to 30 days).
- $300 – Hydrant Use Permit Tag (Good for 90 days)
- $600 – Hydrant Use Permit Tag (Good for 1 year)
- $50 – Penalty per occurrence for failure to report monthly readings.
- $1,000 – Unauthorized use charge assessed to any person or permit holder found hooked up to a fire hydrant without a valid hydrant meter permit or metering device
- 10% - Late payment charge will be assessed if payment is not received by the due date.
The customer obtaining water at an unmetered source shall be billed for usage at the following rates:
- Water usage during terms of permit issued from zero to 5,000 gallons, $33.77 minimum; and
- Water usage during terms of permit issued in excess of 5,000 gallons, an additional $3.86 per 1,000 gallons used in excess of the initial 5,000 gallons.
Customers will be billed on a monthly cycle by the City of Fayetteville Water and Sewer Department for all water usage according to the published fee schedule. The customer is responsible for providing a picture of their rental unit’s reading to the Customer Service Division by the 25th day of each month for billing. Pictures are to include the meter number and register dial showing usage.
Revocation of Permit:
This permit may be revoked without notice for failure to comply with any of the terms, conditions, and instructions included on this permit or under emergency circumstances as determined by the City. The City reserves the right to not reissue a permit to any permittee that has violated any clause in the hydrant meter policy or any of the terms and conditions of the permit. Meters must be immediately surrendered to the City of Fayetteville Customer Service Division.
Customer Service office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.