Bids & Requests for Proposals
The goal of the Procurement Office is to achieve the highest standard of professional public procurement and foster transparency in the procurement process.
Below are the guidelines set forth by the Procurement Office to assist in completing the procurement process.
- Small Purchases - (up to $1,000 and budgeted ), direct purchase by the Department Head.
- Informal - (Above $1,000.01 up to $5,000 and budgeted), minimum of three written quotations taken by the Department Head and submitted to the Purchasing Agent. Results of quotations and awards shall be recorded and filed.
- Semi-formal - ($5,000.01 up to $25,0000 and budgeted), minimum of three written quotations taken by Department Head and submitted to the Purchasing Agent. The Purchasing Agent submits copies to the City Manager. Results of quotations and awards shall be recorded and filed.
- Formal - ($25,000 and budgeted), the competitive sealed solicitation required; Invitation for Bids, Request for Proposals, Request for Qualifications, etc.
- Public Works Construction Projects - ($100,000 or more and budgeted), requires public advertisement and sealed competitive bids by purchasing office.
- Purchasing Agent and City Manager make recommendations to City Council and they award the bid. Results of bids and awards to be recorded and filed.
- Fayette County Collaborative Buying List or State Contract - (Budgeted items including vehicles), direct purchase by Department Heads through Purchasing Agent with City Manager and Financial Director approval.
- Professional services - the City Council may appoint or contract with vendors for professional services based on the qualifications and experience of the respective vendors. These professional services shall include, but not be limited to, auditor, attorney, solicitor, judge, judge pro tem, engineers, architects, and surveyors.
- Compliance with federal requirements - Where a Procurement involves the expenditure of federal assistance or contract funds, the Purchasing Agent shall comply with such federal laws and authorized regulations that are mandatory and applicable and which are not presently reflected in this chapter.
- Sole Source Procurement - A contract may be awarded without competition when the Purchasing Agent determines in writing, after conducting a good faith review of available sources, that there is only one source for the required supply, service, or construction item. The Purchasing Agent shall conduct negotiations, as appropriate, as to price, delivery, and terms. A record of sole source procurements shall be maintained as a public record and shall list each contractor’s name, the amount and type of each contract, a listing of the items(s) procured under each contract, and the identification number of each contract file.
Fayette County Bid List
The Purchasing Office has Invitations for Bids and Request for Proposals (RFPs) available for interested potential bidders. The information is available in PDF format for viewing and printing. Through the Cooperative Purchasing Agreement with Fayette County, the City of Fayetteville uses the same Bid List as the County. Please use the link provided to access the bid list and application.
In accordance with the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, Subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, Nondiscrimination in Federally-assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 23 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age, handicap/disabled in consideration for an award.
BidNet Direct Vendor Registration
In the spirit of continuous improvement and cost management, the City of Fayetteville also utilizes this bid system to post Request for Proposal (RFP) and bid opportunities. We strive to receive the best value for the goods and services purchased for the city’s needs. The City of Fayetteville welcomes all vendors to register to the Georgia Purchasing Group.
To register at no charge, visit the BidNet Direct Vendor Registration website and simply follow the registration path and select the “Limited Access” option which will provide you with matching bid notifications and alerts from the City of Fayetteville.